Shop More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
November 6, 2010
Image Size
305 KB
Resolution
1000×600
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
6,119 (5 today)
Favourites
90 (who?)
Comments
15
×
The Bladeslinger - Lowpoly by MrDrayton The Bladeslinger - Lowpoly by MrDrayton
3D lowpoly model of a character I invented a little time ago! Specs are meant to be Nintendo DS compatible.

There is something on the texture that needs some fixes (first of all, the face), but the overall work is quite good. :)

Please notice the home-made GunBlade: a revolver and a long blade, joint togheter with two pieces of iron... :D

Texture: Photoshop CS4
Model: 3D Studio Max 2008
-Ready to be posed and animated!
Add a Comment:
 
:iconsotirik:
SotiriK Featured By Owner Sep 15, 2011
Wow, this is awesome. Great looking model and textures. I love it! :)
Reply
:iconbenderxable:
Benderxable Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Amazing!
Reply
:iconterra-wah:
terra-wah Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
Very cool, I love the character design.
Reply
:iconairon-t:
Airon-T Featured By Owner Aug 18, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
Hey looks very cool! It remainds me good oldschool games =)
Reply
:iconsererena:
sererena Featured By Owner Aug 18, 2011
How do you go about rigging something like this? Is there a tutorial somewhere about setting up a model for animation in a game?
Reply
:iconmrdrayton:
MrDrayton Featured By Owner Aug 18, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you already know how to rig a model for common CG animation, you are 70% done. The remaining 30% is mainly optimizing the deformations and reducing the number of bones, but everything depends a lot on the 3D tool you are using, and on the devkit/game engine you plan to load the model into. ;)
Reply
:icontexelion:
Texelion Featured By Owner Aug 18, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
Looks cool. I don't know how the NDS works, but for PSP we reduce the number of colors to create paletized textures ( 16 or 256 colors ). You need do to it too ?
Reply
:iconmrdrayton:
MrDrayton Featured By Owner Aug 18, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Exactly! NDS has an incredibly poor Vram size (only 512kb + around 300kb of "hidden" Vram), so it's necessary to keep textures as small and low-color as possible.
Standard NDS palettes use 16 and 256 colors (wich may include 1 transparent color for making hard-edge alpha), but there are different compressions wich enable soft-gradient opacity, at the cost of having only 4 or 16 colors depending on the opacity smoothness.

Both textures of this model are 256 colors, and the Gunblade texture has one transparency color (magenta). :)
Reply
:iconalioli1:
Alioli1 Featured By Owner Jul 15, 2011  Student Digital Artist
grrr at the textures, really nice looking^_^ they would however benefit from a bit higher resolution ;)
Reply
:iconmrdrayton:
MrDrayton Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks! ^_^
I know textures are quite small, but it was an experiment to aim at NDS tech specs. It's quite an underpowered console, so I tried to reduce textures to the minmal necessary. :)
Reply
Add a Comment: